Sat, 13 May|
Colwyn Bay Beach
The Big Beach Build Colwyn Bay - Part of PromXtra 2023
Family Sandcastle Competition
Time & Location
13 May, 11:00 – 14:00
Colwyn Bay Beach, Colwyn Bay Beach, Promenade, Colwyn Bay LL29 8ED, UK
Calling all families in Conwy... are you sand shapers? Could your family make an awesome sandcastle in Beach Academy’s Big Beach Build? Come and have some free family fun at this year’s PromXtra at Colwyn Bay.
The Big Beach Build - Part of PromXtra 2023
What is it?
A fun free family Sandcastle Building Contest on Colwyn Bay Beach as part of the annual PromXtra event with Conwy County Council on Saturday 13th May 2023.
How do we take part?
Families that wish to compete must register their team (up to 6 people) either:
Online at: www.beachacademywales.com/whatson
On the day: Pop to the Beach Academy tent.
Location: what3words ///visit.insist.tries
What happens on the day?
• Sign in with Beach Academy on the beach anytime from 10:30am. We will be on Colwyn Bay. You can find us at this exact location. what3words ///visit.insist.tries
• Your team will be given a contest flag with a number that you need to put on your castle. Only teams with flags will be considered for prizes.
• Find a spot to build your castle.
• You can build your castle anytime between 11am and 2pm.
• Make sure you bring everything you need. Nothing will be provided.
• Judging will take place between 2:15 and 3pm
• Winners will be announced at 3:30pm at Beach Academy on the beach.
Is anything else happening?
Yes. Beach Academy will also be running some fun beach challenges next to the Beach Academy tent, from 10-5pm.
• Castle Bucket Tower - How high can you stack it?
• Beach Ball Golf - Can you get a hole in one?
Is it all free?
What are the rules?
Sandcastle Building - Contest Rules
• Teams must be no more than 6 people with a team name.
• Teams must be registered with Beach Academy.
• Only teams displaying a ‘competition flag’ can enter to win prizes.
• Teams cannot be adult only. It must have at least 1 child under the age of 16 taking part.
• Your sandcastle must be recognisable as a ‘castle' and be made entirely out of sand.
• Building equipment, accessories and decoration must be provided by you, the team.
• Your castle can be any size.
• All children must be accompanied at all times by a parent/carer/adult.
• Teams must start their building anytime from 11am and complete their sandcastle by 2pm. Building after this time will mean disqualification.
• Be creative and have fun.
• Make sure all your belongings, decorations and litter are removed from the beach - leaving no trace at the end of the competition.
Are there prizes?
1st: The Golden Bucket Award and medal
2nd and 3rd: Runners up medals.
What if we want to build a castle but not compete?
Great. More castles the better. Just come on down to the beach and build. You do not need to register with Beach Academy at all. If you change your mind, pop to the Beach Academy desk on the beach and we can give you a competition flag.
Team Entry Ticket
This ticket is a competition entry for one team (of up to 6 people)